This statistic shows the size of the sports industry market in China from 2013 to 2025. In 2013, the size of China sports industry market amounted to just over 56 billion U.S. dollars. (Source: statista.com)
5 Key Drivers
- Sports as a lifestyle
- Increasing Chinese middle-class who are willing to pay for higher quality, newness and lifestyle products.
- Growing interest in healthy lifestyle
- 415 million millennial (31% of China population)
- Country’s prime consumers
- 730 million internet users
- 695 million mobile users (95% of internet users)
- Sports as a status
- Sports and running in particular has acquired a position of status in China
- In 2017, China’s marathon industry rises to USD 11bn, more than 1100 events held and 5 million participants. (source: www.xinhuanet.com)
- Government Support
- plans to invest heavily across the nationwide, with the aim to improve health for its citizens.
- By 2020, it is expected to be enough sports facilities that will equate to 1.8 square meters per Chinese citizen
China Sports Market Structure in 2015